A new method for parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens has been introduced since December 1, 2011, and allows them to
visit Canada quite easily. A parent or grandfather eligible for a Super Visa may be able to apply for a visa for up to ten years, allowing them to remain in Canada without renewing their status for up to 24 months.
Besides the requirement to demonstrate that Canadian medical coverage has been obtained for at least one year for the applicant, there are several other requirements for this program.
We offer Super Visa Insurance, otherwise known as Super Visa Medical Insurance, Super Visa Health Insurance, or Visitors to Canada Insurance (and regular Travel Insurance Products) from Manulife insurance, Group Medical Services (GMS), Destination Canada, Berkley Canada Insurance, SRMRM, Travelance, Allianz, and 21st Century, TUGO, Secure Travel, Travel Shield, Ingle and MSH Discover Canada and among others. All carriers enable you to receive a quote and quickly and easily purchase a Super Visa Insurance policy from our website. Our Comparison Calculator allows for easy comparisons of rates and coverages from each carrier on a side by side basis.
Should you require assistance in comparing the various insurance carriers and making recommendations for your needs, please do not hesitate to contact us directly. Almost all major Canadian insurance companies provide Super Visa medical insurance to meet the Super Visa’s requirements for the Parents and Grandparents Program.
The following should be kept in mind:
- The amount of coverage must be at least $100,000.
- The term of the policy must be at least one year.
- If you find that you cannot obtain a Visa for entry into Canada (for reasons beyond your control), a refund will be given.
- If you leave Canada before one year is up, you can receive a refund on your unused portion (if no pending claim and the balance is owing is more than $25).
- Plans that cover pre-existing conditions and those that do not cover pre-existing conditions are available.
- Those plans that do cover pre-existing conditions only do so for those who are in stable condition. Stable means no change in medication, no pending doctor’s tests, and no doctor’s information that anything has changed with their pre-existing health condition.
- You can save on the total premium by using deductibles. Discounts are generally between 5% – 45% but vary by insurer.
- You will have to purchase a new policy eight days before your old policy expires if you intend to stay longer than one year.
upervisaInsuranceOttawa.ca helped many Ottawa residents to save thousands in Supervisa insurance. Our unique software brings quotes from all Canadian insurance companies under one table. You can compare rates from all insurance companies and save your hard-earned money by comparing the quotes. Don’t forget to use our “Add to compare” feature to enhance your knowledge about the plan benefit summary.
Besides Ottawa residents, many other residents in >
Please contact us if you have additional questions or require assistance in obtaining quotes.